Tuesday, February 7, 2017 / by Cherié Bell
Finding Your Ideal Fort Worth Home
If you're in the market for a home this year, look beyond its four walls and directly at the neighborhood where the home is located. Check out the prospective neighborhood before plunking down hundreds of thousands of your hard-earned dollars and make sure it will provide you with the lifestyle you want in your Fort Worth home.
Tips for finding your ideal Fort Worth Home and Neighborhood!
• Contact the community association for the neighborhood you are considering. Often, it publishes newsletters, holds meetings, or sponsors community activities, all of which hold potentially useful bits of information about your neighborhood.
• Subscribe to the local paper or call and ask for a sample of back issues.
• Locate the community hang-outs. Is there a neighborhood pool or community center? If so, try and visit so you can get a sense of who lives in the area and whether there is a strong community feel.
• Look for sidewalks. For us, living in a part of the neighborhood with no sidewalks means many things -- we don't go for as many walks (and therefore don't meet and greet the neighbors as much as we'd like), our young kids have fewer safe places to ride their bikes, and it seems to prevent other folks from walking our way much, too.
• Visit the neighborhood at different times of the day and at least once on a weekend rather than a weekday. Are most of the folks working out of the home? Is the neighborhood composed of retirees? Are there loads of school-aged children? Are there many young mothers with babies and toddlers?
• Study a map of your neighborhood to see the proximity of parks, libraries, the nearest hospital, and other amenities. Likewise, try driving different routes to the home so you can see the good, the bad, and the ugly in the surrounding area.
Home Sale Pro
Ultima Real Estate