Friday, March 24, 2023 / by Cherié Bell
Buying a home should be FUN, not stressful. As you look for your Fort Worth dream home, these 5 easy steps will help make the process of buying your Fort Worth home as easy as possible.
1. Plan ahead. Getting pre-approved by a local mortgage professional is a CRITICAL first step to buying a home. Not only will you be able to make a stronger offer to the seller as a pre-approved buyer, you will reduce your stress by knowing in advance that you can qualify to buy the Fort Worth home you love.
2. Remember, there’s no “right” time to buy, just as there’s no perfect time to sell. If you find a home now, don’t try to second-guess interest rates or the housing market by waiting longer — you risk losing out on the home of your dreams. The housing market usually doesn’t change fast enough to make that much difference in price, and a good home won’t stay on the market long.
3. Don’t ask for too many opinions. It’s natural to want reassurance for such a big decision, but too many ideas from too many people will make it much harder to make a decision. Focus on the wants and needs of your immediate family — the people who will be living in the home.
4. Accept that no house is ever perfect. If it’s in the right location, the yard may be a bit smaller than you had hoped. The kitchen may be perfect, but the roof needs repair. Make a list of your top priorities and focus in on things that are most important to you. Let the minor ones go.
5. Find a real estate agent who you connect with. Home buying is not only a big financial commitment, but also an emotional one. It’s critical that the REALTOR® you chose is both highly skilled and a good fit with your personality.
Home Sale Pro
Ultima Real Estate